This year we are aiming to reduce waste at our festival
Why? Waste generated at music festivals has an environmental impact. It’s unsightly, it can pose health risks, and it costs to clean it up afterwards. Please spare a thought for our volunteers, our hosts at the Wirrina Cove Holiday Park and for the environment. Help us to keep our festival low on waste, and a pleasant environment for all patrons.
Here are some things you can do to help make Wirrina a low-waste festival:
- Pack a reusable water bottle. (Yes, there are taps to refill.)
- Bring your own reusable camping plates, cups and cutlery.
- Bring a coffee ‘keep cup’ or purchase one of ours!
- Minimise the packaging you bring with you, to minimise the waste you leave.
- Pack food into reusable containers.
- Put any rubbish in one of the bins at the venue.
- If you smoke, make sure the butts go into the right bin. (No smoking inside marquees or the bar.)
- If you’re bringing alcohol with you, please take the bottles/cans home with you and recycle them.
- Keep your camp site clean— dispose of any waste as you go.
- When you pack-up, take it all home with you. Do a final clean up putting rubbish in the correct bins provided.
- If you’re bringing your dog, please clean up after her/him.