Wirrina is a low-waste festival
Why? Waste generated at music festivals has an environmental impact. It’s unsightly, it can pose health risks, and it costs to clean it up afterwards. Please spare a thought for our volunteers, our hosts at the Wirrina Cove Holiday Park and for the environment. Help us to keep our festival low on waste, and a pleasant environment for all patrons.
Here are some things you can do to help keep Wirrina a low-waste festival
- Pack a reusable water bottle. (Yes, there are taps to refill)
- Bring your own reusable camping plates, cups and cutlery
- Bring a coffee ‘keep cup’
- Minimise the packaging you bring with you, to minimise the waste you leave
- Pack food into reusable containers
- Put any rubbish in one of the bins at the venue
- If you smoke, make sure the butts go into the right bin (No smoking inside marquees or the bar.)
- If you’re bringing alcohol with you, please take the bottles/cans home with you and recycle them
- Keep your camp site clean— dispose of any waste as you go
- When you pack-up, take it all home with you. Do a final clean up putting rubbish in the correct bins provided
- If you’re bringing your dog, please clean up after her/him.