What a line-up we have this year!
With the festival just around the corner now, there is a lot to look forward to! The Festival has a terrific line-up of local, interstate and international performers.
- Guitar players will be treated to the amazing talents of Gwyn Ashton (UK).
- Smith, Allan and Peterson (USA) are award winning Old Time Bluegrass players and we are indeed so very lucky to have them both at the Festival and the Music Camp before hand.
- Festival sound guy and maestro, Andrew Clermont, will bring Blu Guru to the stage this year—as well as his renowned Supper Club.
- Glenn Skuthorpe is bound to win many hearts and minds with his spellbinding songwriting, powerful vocals and guitar playing.
And these are just a few of the wonderful performers who will play for us, lead jams, and run workshops. This is not a year to miss out on coming to Wirrina.
We’re praying to the weather gods and I think they are listening—sunny on Sunday so far!
Bring to the Festival…
- Friends! Both human and canine
- a brolly
- picnic rug
- comfy deck chairs
- face masks (your choice)
- sun hat
- sun screen
- warm coats, beanies etc for night time
- summer clothes (think ‘layers’ as the weather can be changeable)
- water bottles
- ‘keep cups’ for coffee/tea
- and of course, instruments to join in workshops and sessions.
Wirrina Music Camp 2022
This year we will be running a three day music camp at Wirrina prior to the Festival! This is not part of the formal Festival and the fees are separate to the main event.
The camp will feature group tuition and activities over the three days. At the core of the camp will be workshops and tuition run by the American trio Smith Allen & Peterson. Beverly Smith, Kellie Allen, and Pete Peterson, award-winning players of Old-Time Music, have combined their talents to visit us in Australia. Beverly (fiddle, guitar, mandolin), Kellie (guitar, bass, mandolin) & Pete (banjo, guitar, autoharp) will spend a month or so travelling on the East Coast before coming to South Australia. They all have extensive teaching experience in the USA, where music camps are very popular.
We hope to cover the range of string band instruments and multiple styles to have something for everyone. The workshops will include instrument-specific instruction to help you improve your playing, as well as some ‘themed’ classes (e.g., Carter Family style), and a class in songwriting.
CAMP DATES: Tuesday Nov 22 to Thursday Nov 24 (arrive Monday 21 for those staying on site).
LOCATION/ACCOMODATION: Wirrina Cove Holiday Park (same as festival). Camping (powered/unpowered) and some cabins available; resort rooms up the hill at the BreakFree Wirrina Cove Resort if you prefer hotel-style accommodation. For Wirrina Cove Holiday Park online bookings enter this CODE: bluegrass2022
COST: $280 which covers all group tuition and activities over the 3 days. That’s less than $50 per half day (or lesson). Book accommodation separately. Catered dinners be available at extra cost with more information closer to time.
Wirrina Music Camp tickets now available
Please email [email protected] to register your interest. To pay your $50 nonrefundable deposit or purchase tickets go to: